Interesting turn of events on www.pentaximaging.com

Adam Maas adam at mawz.ca
Wed Dec 5 14:18:44 EST 2007

The local pusher (Henry's, Canada's equivalent of Ritz) still has a
few MZ-60's and MZ-M's. But that's it. And nobody wants them.

The local sites may well reflect what's still sitting in the
warehouse, even if no retailer in their right mind would order any
stock.

-Adam

On 12/5/07, P. J. Alling <webster26 at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Try to buy a Pentax Film camera, even B&H doesn't have them in stock.
> There aren't any available in any local shops, or big box stores
> either.  Last actual Pentax Film camera I saw around here was in Sears
> about two years ago.  Hell, I just a search on the Pentax *ist 35mm, and
> the MZ/ZX M, both show as being available, /somewhere/ by the Pentax
> Japan, (English), product page.  Used?  Yes.  New?  Nada, Zippo, made of
> Unobtainium, which was my point.  Bob thought that the Pentax USA web
> site was unreliable and pointed me to the Japanese site.  I believe
> based on the evidence that it's just as unreliable.
>
> graywolf wrote:
> > Discontinued does not mean unavailable. It means they have stopped making them,
> > or in some cases just stopped distributing them. I remember when I bought a
> > Honeywell 892S they had discontinued them about four years earlier, but there it
> > was on the shelf in my local camera store. Ah those were the days, that thing
> > hung on the side of my Super Technica for several years.
> >
> > Graywolf
> > Website: http://www.graywolfphoto.com
> > Blog:    http://www.graywolfphoto.com/journal/
> >
> > P. J. Alling wrote:
> >
> >> They still show film cameras, last press release said all of those had
> >> been discontinued.

> --
> The difference between individual intelligence and group intelligence is the difference between Harvard University and the Harvard University football team.
>
>         -- P. J. O'Roarke

M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca
Explorations of the City Around Us.