My DS and "Sandisk Ultra II" SD cards - incompatible somehow?

Boris Liberman boris71 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 00:23:51 EST 2007

Charles, if you Google "fake SandDisk card" or something like this - you
will come by the eBay guide to the fake memory cards. There is a fair
chance that your card (especially when you say - different style of card
  - they should all be the same across all the batches of the same
model) is not exactly made by Sandisk.

I had this very problem when I had to move from CF for my *istD to SD
for my K10D. I have now (original) SandDisk UltraII plus card (one that
can also be used as a stand alone disk on key - it has USB port built
in) and it works fine with my K10D.

As a matter of habit I don't have the preview option turned on on my
camera. I usually chimp at will.

And as it has been suggested, I format my cards only in the camera.

Another thing that became apparent is that my card reader had flaky SD
port. After I replaced it with the cheapest possible SanDisk MicroMate
(and it is a good thing it is small - easily taken with me if
necessary), another bunch of my card problems went away.

HTH.

Boris