DIGITAL SURVEY RESULTS

Eactivist at aol.com Eactivist at aol.com
Mon Dec 3 21:03:24 EST 2007

In a message dated 12/3/2007 5:29:45 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
msroberts01 at ysu.edu writes:
Cotty wrote:

>I  think question 4 surprised  me:

>4/   What's the longest length of time you've owned a single DSLR  camera?
>
>6  % have owned one for about 6 months
>10%  have owned one for about 1 year
>20% have owned one for about 2  years
>32% have owned one for about 3 years
>18% have owned one for  about 4 years
>4  % have owned one for about 5 years
>4 %   have owned one for about 6  years
>
>The  median is about 3 years - I somehow thought this might be shorter.

Oddly  enough, despite DSLR's reputation for having a very short
lifespan, I find  I'm updating my main camera no more often with digital
than I did with film  (about 3 years) and that the amount I spend seems
to hover around  $1000.00.

I went from PZ-1p to MZ-S to ist-D to K10D
(OK, the Pz-1p  was around $600.00, but after *that* the triannual
expenditure leveled off  ;-)

==========
Well, most of us fall in the camera hobbyist category.  I think that means
for us they are really tools. Not just flashy new toys -- and  not just flashy
toys we have to upgrade all the time. I mean for some people  they probably are
simply toys. But with a tool you want to learn it backward and  forward, get
used to it, use it, and keep it viable as long as you can. A  craftsperson
takes good care of his/her tools.

That's my take on it  anyway. And, yes, prices have come down making new
purchases recently more  likely.

Thanks for doing the survey, Cotty!

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.