first Publish and a party

skye pdml skye.pdml at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 00:43:31 EST 2007

hello guys, thank you everyone very much for the congrats. Yes Ann, I
am a smugmugger, it's a lovely little site although I am sure I don't
use it to its full potential (too lazy and no programming skills).

Mark, I looked pretty hard for the fans, especially after I recognised
one of Jay Taylor's photos, then found his name in the index, then
found 3 other photos by him, so my count is 7 pentax photos then, in
the book - this is the most I have ever seen in one place ;). I don't
recall him saying anything so either I was not paying attention or
this is all passe' to him.

Paul, thanks and you were right, the printing quality was nothing to
fear - I like all my photos except for the grebes which look a little
crispy next to a photo of some fluffy ducklings.

Brian, seems like everyone else liked lilypads at all - I had one
photo at each of three sizes, and that one was the largest. The
waterlily with the mating damselflies was the smallest, as befitting -
it's also the oldest of the three, taken only in jpg format with the
D.

thanks again, it was a good night. Very loud, lots of people packed
into a small space, half of them running around with a list of book
contributors playing Autography Scavenger Hunt. I think I got half the
signatures, may have to track down Jay one of these days and make him
sign too ;)

--skye